Search This Blog

12.04.2011

Glam Dog & Stencil Print

I had never draw so many dogs in my entire life, but in the end I had lots of fun with it.
“Pooches and Pets” was an assignment where you need to see strange and funny connections between the owners and their dogs, so one could guess that this visual documentation could turn into great discoveries.
Last month, there was an event in Savannah where owners dressed their pets and it was amazing to see flower dogs, bananas, pirates, and even a cat dressed dog???
I made various sketches from watercolor, to ink, pencil and collage.








One day I was walking around the town and I saw a woman at a coffee shop with her dog and each of them were drinking from their own mug. The owner had her animal friend, dressed up and arranged.
I realized how similar they were and how the lady transferred onto the dog her personality.
I present to you the final piece... Glam Dog




This project has opened for me, new ways of working with typography, collage and textures.
So I took it further on for the stencil print technique.
It is quite similar to the monotype project, but you need to cut the image in different parts and ink them separately and then add them layer by layer on the paper…no, not in Photoshop ;-).
 And after that, the piece is put inside the printmaking press. Here are the results and the mixed media image. 








No comments:

Post a Comment