Search This Blog

12.14.2011

Furoshiki

Hand drawn type, from decorative to experimental lettering, it's a great challenge for me and I am exploring new styles to develop my set of skills in this field.
Letter forms and type compositions are a reaction of self expression, they are about being expressive, they are about breaking rules, and impress a unique, artistic stamp in my work.
For the Furoshiki illustration design assignment, we were asked to research and create a decorative cloth that could be used for everything that we wanted to. The main process was to develop  the concept without using the internet, and start getting inspired by things around.
So I decided to make a silk textile wrapping cloth for wine packaging. The southern character and personality of the product is reflected in the influence of the space from where it belongs.
Since Savannah is so rich in architectural details, and typography, I started to make pictures of houses, numbers, letters, and any other elements that could build the idea.













And here is the final result.
You can also find the project on my website.




2 comments: