Search This Blog

11.25.2011

Subliminal marks -> Collage Illustrations

During the "Drawing for Illustrators" course, we were asked to produce 5 subliminal drawings on a 18"x 24" paper, starting with pencil mark making and further on with different themes from music to variety, drowning.
The main purpose was to discover what lines, textures represent us and to make new combinations that will help develop our artistic repertoire of image making. This experiment is helpful because it allows freedom and self introspection, so you are able to produce your own marks that will be used in your artwork.
I have chosen here my Variety Project and my first one Pencil Marks.
I realized that I should do more often this process, to expand my aesthetic style.




Remember the previous post with wildlife illustration? Well, using these marks I created on the next task, 2 animal collage pieces created with these experiments.
Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment